In the13th episode of the TECHunplugged Podcast we’re recording live at NetApp Insight 2018 in Las Vegas, podcast co-host Arjan Timmerman (@Arjantim) talks with former Tech Field Day delegate and now NetApp Chief Technologist Greg Kniereman (@Kniereman) about his move to NetApp and the first day of NetApp Insight, with things like DataDriven, Ontap and AI. Excuse us for the background music / noise, this was recorded at the NetApp insight conference in Las Vegas in a public space because we couldn’t find a quieter place, we even had to move once :D.
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:21 Greg introduces himself
- 00:26 Arjan asks Greg about his move from Hitachi to NetApp
- 01:59 People from the industry are (re-)joining NetApp because of its current strategy and vision
- 03:46 Greg starts talking about cultures in the company he works or worked
- 04:20 Arjan asks Greg what topics were interesting to during the first Insight day
- 04:43 Greg gives a statement he’s talking his own talk, to short into NetApp to do a NetApp statement
- 07:49 The conversation continues on the new NetApp role Greg now has at NetApp
- 09:34 Arjan asks Greg if he will build his own team or if he’ll join an existing team
- 09:46 Greg answers how the team will (has been) build
- 11:49 The discussion goes towards AI and Greg’s vision on that
- 13:15 Talking about the futurist that spoke at the keynote during day 1 at NetApp insight
- 14:30 A few words on the NetApp Data Fabric
- 15:22 Closings the discussion – The end of Part 1
Make sure to stay tuned for Part 2 where Greg and Max talk further on AI and the regulation part of this.