In the 15th episode of the TECHunplugged Podcast we’re recording we’ll be talking with Kaycee Lai, founder and CEO of Promethium. Podcast co-host Arjan Timmerman (@Arjantim) talks with Kaycee Lai (@MrDedupe) on the technology that Promethium provides for their customers. This solution provides analytics and the correct information for companies with data lakes. Things like GDPR and other governance and regulations needed by the promethium customers can be addressed by the Promethium software, and thus the question arises if Promethium is the next level data management platform.
- 00:00 Introduction
- 01:18 The challenge of massive data growth
- 02:20 Understanding the context of data
- 03:03 Are huge data lakes a requirement to use Promethium?
- 04:20 Kaycee covers the complexity of IT environments and data fragmentation regardless of the existence or not of data lakes
- 05:00 The challenge of knowing what to look for and how to handle the data after it has been found
- 07:48 Extracting and handling the data is currently a manual process that is hard to scale
- 09:03 Data types in scope for Promethium
- 09:38 Is Promethium the next level of data management?
- 10:19 What is needed to sort out the problem and how is it consumed?
- 11:25 Has Promethium any customers yet, and what is their typical profile?
- 13:40 What about the AI part – is Promethium really using AI, or is it just a fancy name for algorithms?
- 16:20 What about partnerships and synergies with other companies?
- 18:06 The Promethium team, growth and forecast for 2019
- 19:17 Is Promethium available as a SaaS-only offering or are there any other options?
- 20:45 Closing remarks