In this 16th episode of the TECHunplugged Podcast (recorded on 24-Jan-2019) we’re welcoming Filip Verloy, EMEA Field CTO for Rubrik. Podcast co-hosts Arjan Timmerman (@Arjantim) and Max Mortillaro (@darkkavenger) talk with Filip about a lot of things: his tenure at Rubrik, how the product has evolved, why customers are interested in Rubrik’s approach, what is that new Data Management trend, and what can we expect from Rubrik going forward.
- 00:00 Introduction
- 01:10 Is three years at a startup a long time?
- 01:46 Rubrik’s mission statement in Filip’s own words
- 03:17 Is Rubrik a sort of “iPhone revolution” for Data Protection?
- 06:31 What is the most valuable reason why customers choose Rubrik over their competition?
- 10:22 Polaris & metadata collection use cases
- 13:53 Radar: the first application on top of Polaris; the concept behind Radar and how it helps Rubrik customers
- 17:04 Beyond Radar: what can we expect next, and what about leveraging metadata to comply with GDPR?
- 20:26 Rubrik and the cloud / multicloud story: what can customers do, what are the options?
- 23:05 Getting a unified view of all datasets across multiple clouds with Rubrik Polaris, and helping move data between clouds
- 25:30 How can customers consume the Rubrik products / platform, and are there any OEM Alliances / Partnerships?